The purpose of the UCF’s Data Governance program is to establish and maintain university-wide data-related standards to ease, widen, and accelerate data use while applying appropriate controls to protect data assets.
Benefits of Data Governance
Data governance formalizes and applies best practices so that this knowledge can be shared, standardized, and leveraged. Effective data governance is a shared responsibility between business functions, information technology, and everyone who interacts with data.
- Greater transparency within any data-related activities.
- Ability to provide standardized data systems, data policies, data procedures, and data standards.
- Increase in value of an organization’s data.
- Improved monitoring and tracking mechanisms for Data Quality and other data-related activities.
- Help with instituting better training and educational practices around the management of data assets.
- Better resolution of past and current data issues.
- More accurate procedures around regulation and compliance activities.
Introduction to Data Governance at UCF
Data Governance Council
Members of the Data Governance Council will set the vision and direction of the data governance program and will serve as an escalation point for resolution of data issues. They will also verify and ensure procedures are established to ensure data quality and improved usability of UCF’s data assets.
|Role||Name||Title||Data Domain/Business Area|
|Co-Chairs||Cherie Herrin||Associate VP & COO||UCF IT|
|Linda Sullivan||Assistant VP, IKM||Analytics and Integrated Planning|
|Becky Fullmer||Assistant VP, Advancement Services||Community|
|Terri Smith||Associate Director, HRIS||Cross-Functional ‘Person’|
|Lucretia Cooney||Director, Faculty Excellence||Faculty|
|Tera Alcala||KV Finance Workstream Lead||Finance|
|Lynn Svenson||KV Grants Post-Award Lead||Research|
|TBD||Resources and Services|
|Brian Boyd||University Registrar||Student|
|Esther Wilkinson||Data Governance Lead||Data Governance Program|
|Partners||Dan LoPresto||Director, Privacy Compliance||Compliance|
|Andre Watts||KV Reporting and Analytics Data Management Lead||DARE (Data and Analytics Reporting Ecosystem)|
|David Zambri||Chief Information Security Officer & Associate VP||Information Security|
|Vicky Sharp||Auditor III||University Audit|
Do you have any questions about Data Governance?