The purpose of the UCF’s Data Governance program is to establish and maintain university-wide data-related standards to ease, widen, and accelerate data use while applying appropriate controls to protect data assets.
Benefits of Data Governance
Data governance formalizes and applies best practices so that this knowledge can be shared, standardized, and leveraged. Effective data governance is a shared responsibility between business functions, information technology, and everyone who interacts with data.
- Greater transparency within any data-related activities.
- Ability to provide standardized data systems, data policies, data procedures, and data standards.
- Increase in value of an organization’s data.
- Improved monitoring and tracking mechanisms for Data Quality and other data-related activities.
- Help with instituting better training and educational practices around the management of data assets.
- Better resolution of past and current data issues.
- More accurate procedures around regulation and compliance activities.
Introduction to Data Governance at UCF
Program Plan Timeline
Do you have any questions about Data Governance?